Rio dipladenias are easy to grow and will bloom all season long. These gorgeous tropical plants can be enjoyed in containers, hanging baskets and garden beds.
Here are a few guidelines for growing Rios:
Rios Love the Sun
Rios bloom best in full sun, a minimum of 4 hours of direct sunlight per day. 6 or more hours of full mid day sun is ideal. Rios flourish in dry or humid climates. Pick a sunny location, more sun equals more blooms!
Rios are Easy to Grow
Rios are the simple solution for gardeners of all skill and commitment levels.
They require very little watering - Rios have built in water storage in the form of “tubers” which store water beneath the soil for the plant to use during dry spells.
These tubers make Rio dipladenias the perfect choice for the busy, on-the-go gardener who isn’t available to water frequently at home or at the cottage.
Rio Quick Care Tips Guide:
- Light exposure: Blooms best in full sun, a minimum of 4 hours of direct sunlight per day.
- Planting: Plant at same depth of soil as in the pot - in beds arrange plants 20 to 30 cm (8" to 12") apart.
- Height: Grows 30 to 60cm (12" to 24") in height.
- Watering: Allow soil to dry out in between watering. Can tolerate some drought.
- Temperature tolerance: Can be planted outdoors after frost has passed - protect from frost in the fall, can be overwintered indoors.
- Fertilizer: Every 2 weeks with an all purpose fertilizer.
- Deadheading: No deadheading is required, blooms will fade and fall off. Rio dipladenias will keep pushing out fresh blooms without deadheading.
- Features: Rio blooms attract butterflies and hummingbirds.
Rio Dipladenias are available at DiggIT Gardens for home delivery direct from the greenhouse!